Friday, December 11, 2015

Infrequent Update

I'm still here! As usual, just living the life an awful blogger, which means I never update!!

I want to say I will keep up with this. I want to use this more for looking back at my kids' childhood and how they grow and change. I am told by too many people that we forget the small things. I know I will forget too, so maybe keeping up with this blog for only personal and reflection reasons might give me the motivation to update more often. I can try putting a reminder in my calendar! I think once a month is a good goal to start off with :)

Ok so let me try to fill in a quick update since I haven't said anything since April (it is now December).

In the last post, I was about to graduate and we had just experienced an early miscarriage. Well good news! I did graduate and found a job fairly quickly as a full time educational interpreter for a Kindergarten student. I love it! I am also 36 weeks pregnant with our second child! I became pregnant almost immediately after the miscarriage. So this is what they call a "rainbow baby." We will not know the gender of this new Nunery until s/he is born. Somehow Max was able to convince me to keep it a surprise. I never thought I could do it but here we are and I have to say, it has been fun torturing the ones who want to know as badly (if not more) as I do.

My csection is scheduled for 12/30/15. I am hoping I can make it that long. In just 3 days is when I will be 36 weeks 5 days, which is when I went into labor with River. I am hoping to 1.) Make it until 12/18 (last day of work before christmas break) and 2.) Make it until 12/26. I do not want to have a Christmas baby. I would love one last Christmas where it is just River. Not to mention I don't want to be in the hospital on my favorite holiday!

We have no solid boy names. The names that we have played around with but can't commit to include, Abraham, Avett, Hayes, Hawthorne, Reed and countless others.

Girl names that we like are Hazel (in the lead), Juniper (max doesn't like this one), and Clementine.

Now, for a River Bennett Nunery update. He is growing so quickly and is such a smarty pants. He knows his colors, shapes, and most letters. He speaks in full sentences. He is still obsessed with pumpkins and Jack Skellington. He sleeps in our room still with his toddler bed pushed up against our bed but spends most nights cuddled up to mommy. I am a bit worried how the new baby will change things but we will figure it out.  River loves books and playing on youtube on my phone. He will pretend to read books, specifically (If You Give a Dog a Donut and Five Little Pumpkins.)
Rive is also starting to get defiant and resisting being told what to do---especially by me. But I remind myself it is just his age and normal. I try to be patient and loving but I lose it sometimes. I am sure to remind him that I love him and that he is very special.

He often asks to "cuddle mommy" but he has a very special bond with his daddy and often plays with him and snuggles him in the morning while I am getting ready for work.

We have some big changes coming our way, but within 2 years we will have a new "normal" established I think. I am very nervous about adding a new member to our clan but with support and love, I know we will figure it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment