Thursday, December 17, 2015

Welcome Baby!

I am just as surprised to have another blog entry so soon after my last one! Maybe this is the start of something beautiful, this blog and I.  A lot has happened in just the 6 days since I last updated. So lets get to it.

First, I had the new baby (hence the title) Saturday, December 12th, 2015 at 7:55pm. We were surprised to learn that baby is a girl! We named her Hazel without a second guess. She is Hazel Cathryn Nunery and she is so beautiful.

Her birth story doesn't need an extremely long and emotional explanation like River's did. Labor started very similar to how my labor with River started though. Looking back, I felt pretty crummy the entire week leading up to her birth. Things felt "off" but I kept pushing through, determined to make it through the work weeks until Christmas break.

All day Friday I felt pretty uncomfortable but shrugged it off as late pregnancy symptoms. However, around midnight, I started to feel what could be contractions but they weren't strong or painful enough that I was sure what I was feeling. I decided to try to time them and they were 7-10 minutes apart. I called Max to tell him and he came upstairs to see how I was doing and we both decided to just sleep on it and see how I was feeling tomorrow. I was able to sleep from 2-8am so I figured it was a fluke since I was able to get some shut eye. Yet, I still felt very "heavy" and low. The contractions were still there along with a constant, dull period-like-cramp sensation. But we had a big day planned! It was the annual Miamisburg Holiday Parade and Celebration and River would actually know what would be going on.A Santa visit was to follow the parade. I decided to myself that if I wasn't feeling better by the time we got home from the celebration, then I would call my doctor.

We walked around downtown Miamisburg while I was contracting and feeling pretty uncomfortable. I still refused to believe I was in labor. As we waited for the parade, I had a woman ask me when the baby would be here. I told her in about 15 days. Little did I know that it would only be a matter of hours before the new Nunery would arrive.

After we ate and got home, I called the doctor and because of my history, they wanted me to go get checked out. I grabbed my purse, and kissed River and Max goodbye and said I would be back in a little bit.

Fast forward to the nurse checking my dilation. I was at a 4. That was enough to move up my csection date to that night instead of the 30th. I was in shock at the news that I would have a baby in just a mere few hours.

Everything happened pretty standard and fast after that. I got my spinal and laid down to be cut open.

I wanted Max to announce to the room what the sex was. Some tugging and pulling and a comment from the medical team of "this is a big baby for being early!" I heard Max say "Ohhhh a little girl!" I started laughing and said "no way!" Then they showed her to me and I cried those happy tears that I couldn't control at all.

Unfortunately, I did not get to see her again until after I got out of recovery. It was hard, but not as emotionally shocking as it was with River. I knew her being taken to the NICU would be a real possibility based off her age and my history.

My mom and brother were in the waiting room when I got into recovery. They were able to go back and see her in the NICU along with Max. When  I was done with recovery, they wheeled me to peek at her before taking me back to my room. I cried when I saw her. And thus began another journey in the NICU.

No comments:

Post a Comment