Thursday, December 24, 2015

The Best Gift

Today is the day! We are being discharged from the hospital today! We are just waiting on the doctors to come give the final word and details and then we are free! I am so excited for River to meet his new little sister, Hazel.

My family and friends have been so amazing through out this whole experience. My husband, Max in particular has gone above and beyond. While I have been away he has worked, taken care of our toddler, gotten the house ready, did last minute christmas shopping and spent time with his oldest son. It has been a real juggle for him but he has come out alive. We are all ready to find our new normal.

My grandmother and my parents have helped take care of River and it has given me great peace of mind knowing he has been loved and cared for during this confusing time. I am so lucky to have supportive and loving family

My friends have done great things as well. Bringing me food, stopping by to chat, gifting Hazel with various clothes and baby items! My friend and neighbor Susan even took on the task of wrapping the remaining christmas presents I didn't get around to.  I don't know what I would have done without her help. I definitely owe her!

This holiday season has been the most strenuous, interesting and off planned one I have experienced but it is a memory none the less that we will look back on and think about how far we all have come. I try not to let the guilt of not being there for river and doing our holiday traditions but there is always next year-- in which he will actually remember.

Tonight we are going to my grandma's annual christmas eve party. We probably won't stay long but I have never missed one in the 24 years I have been alive and I don't want Hazel, River or myself to miss out this year. Everyone has been so resilient and patient.

Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment