Sunday, December 20, 2015

The NICU Experience: Starting Over

Total Days: 8
Day Count no Events: 1


Well, I got word that Hazel did have an event last night. So instead of being on Day 3 today, we are back to Day 1. I am disappointed to hear this but we know she is in the right place. We do not want her to come home prematuraly and have something bad happen to her. IF she goes event free this time for 5 days, she will make it home for Christmas.

I think being so close to a Christmas deadline, makes it a bit more difficult. It is my favorite holiday but it just doesn't feel like it with us being in the hospital. However, I try not to complain too much because my baby is relatively healthy and just needs time to mature her little lungs. We can do Christmas with River after we are home from the hospital. He won't know the difference.

Being away from River has been very hard. But Max and I have decided that it will be harder for him not to see me the next 4 days so I will get to visit him everyday for a few hours. I hope he doesn't get too upset when I have to leave again. I think once I get to visit with him, I will feel much better about the stay here.


Another silver lining is that I get to stay in the NICU parenting room. It isn't much but I have made it my home and it is pretty cozy now haha. It has a shower and that is in of itself amazing. While living out of a suitcase isn't super fun, it is much better than having to go home and commute back and forth.

Bottom line: All that matter is that Hazel is healthy and safe. Breathing through this and trying to be patient.

For some reason I can't post pictures on here but I will as soon as I figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment