Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Day 3!

Sweet Hazel is killing it in the NICU. The nurses say she shouldn't even really be here haha. But we know we need to play it safe and make it to day 5. We are on DAY 3 as of today. It seems she really has this breathing thing down.

She is 10 days old today.She is still nursing wonderfully although she does spit up if she doesn't give me a big burp. She feeds from both breasts and then sleeps until her next feeding about 3.5-4 hours later. I know this is typical at this stage but I am hoping to maintain a routine with her. Cluster feeding will definitely make it more difficult but I am determined to make my life not so chaotic with 2 kids. Everyone needs structure...especially when I return to work--Which I really don't even want to go back at this point but I know that feeling is also normal. Hopefully it won't be too heartbreaking when I have to go back.

I finally got to see my sweet handsome 2.5 year old! We have been making it a routine for Max to come pick me up around 6 every night and return me to the hospital around 8:30. River has done quite well with this and doesn't seem to be too emotionally distraught. I am SO hoping we are home for Christmas morning. I want to see his cute face when he sees all the toys!!


No comments:

Post a Comment