I am that mom that is riddled with anxiety. Every move I make is stratigically planned out in my head before it happens. When I take a shower, I thimk about what I will do first; towels out then get undressed? Or should I get undressed first and bring the towels with me? I like things to go smoothly and calling me a control freak might be an understatement.
These character "flaws" have their advantage as well. I am typically well prepared and I hardly ever lose my cool; even when things dont go to plan. I believe I will always be this way and I also believe I will become better at it through out time. However, I vowe to still have spontaneoity in my sons life and fortunately, his father compliments my planning vigour with his fun loving "spur of the moment" life mantra. I am glad my son will get to experience both sides.
I may seem to spew naivety with my projections for the future, but isn't that what I am supposed to be doing as a new mom? I'm working toward positive thinking and letting my overzealous planning work for me and not against me.
I am aware that my plans will come crashing down on me many many times, but I have my partner, my best friend, my sons father (all wrapped into one) to help me through those times. Thats what family is for right?
Tuesday, July 9, 2013
The Optimistic Control Freak
Labels:
family,
lifechanges,
mom,
newmom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment