Well we've been home almost a month now! We have found a nice routine and Hazel continues to be a pretty easy going baby. She has her days (like yesterday) when she was more difficult than usual but that is to be expected. She is starting to wake up more and is more aware of her surroundings. I am proud to say that she is still sleeping in her bassinet! I wake up to nurse her but back she goes to her bed when she is done. River NEVER did this. I hope that she can transition to a crib and eventually her own room. I am not going to lie when I say that I CANT WAIT for full night sleeps again. I hope it doesn't take 22 months like it did with River though. Maybe I'll be lucky and she will sleep through the night at 3 months. I am not counting on it though. but but but but...I paid my dues with River in the "no sleep" department. I guess odds are good that I will get unlucky again. We shall see!
River is adjusting well I think. He does get a bit clingy when I am holding Hazel but he sure does love his baby sister.
He says things like
"Baby Hazel needs to cuddle mommy"
"Awww be soft"
"Baby Hazel hungry. Baby Hazel trying to poop"
"My hairs blonde. Hazel's dark"
He is so smart and has a fantastic vocabulary. He speaks in upwards of 7 word sentences and repeats anything we say. He knows all of his colors and is starting to say his ABC's. He recognizes A B and C in ASL and knows what sound each makes. He can count to 14 with almost no mistakes. I do feel that he is a smart little guy.
I've been trying to build a freezer stash and build my supply for when I go back to work. I want to breastfeed for a year as to avoid formula. It will be a long year of pumping while at work but at least I have the summer off!
It is so odd to think that Hazel will grow and be just like our River. I can't wait to see their relationship grow and see each of their personalities blossom. I think being a mommy to two will be challenging but so much more rewarding than I can imagine. It is hard to remember that when I am in the middle of two kids screaming and crying, but deep down, I know. I mean, why else haven't I lost my shit yet?






No comments:
Post a Comment