Sunday, October 20, 2013

It's a Wonderful Life

Well it seems that I am going to be making monthly updates. I am ok with that amount because if I tried to commit more time, I would fail.

River is 4 months old today! It has been a very exciting weekend. Friday night, I went out with my old friends. This was my first night out since having the baby and basically since I have been pregnant. I was very nervous about leaving River but it worked out alright. I had a lot of fun but I can honestly say, I much prefer being home with my baby--even if it means going to bed at 8:30 every night. I love being a mom and I love having the peace of mind that comes with staying with him. It was very nice to get a little break but I can't say I "let loose" because I couldn't keep my mind off my baby the whole night!

Saturday was Sweetest Day. Max and I don't really celebrate Hallmark holidays but we did exchange a "Happy Sweetest Day" to each other and that was nice. It was time to get River a bath and when we were done, I went upstairs to get changed out of my PJ's and Max went to go get River dressed. I was in the middle of changing when Max called to me from downstairs. "Shelbi, come here and look!" I didn't want to miss the cute thing River was doing so I ran downstairs with a shirt on and my underwear. I saw River was wearing an outfit I didn't recognize (I have a photographic memory of his entire wardrobe haha). When I got a little closer...This is what I saw

I was in complete shock. I turned to look at Max and he was on one knee. He proposed to me (while I was still in my undies) and of course I said yes. The ring was in the "yes" pocket so I pulled it out and got to put on this amazing ring.

My grandma made the onsie and my son got to wear it. It was more than I could ever imagine a proposal would be.  It was very sentimental and I love that kind of stuff. I will get to keep that onsie forever. 

Later on that, Max and I got to go out on our first date night with out the baby. We had a good time but didn't stay out too late. We missed our boy and wanted to go home with him and snuggle up together as a family.
It was such a wonderful night and I cannot wait to start planning our wedding. We are thinking about having it next year or the following year. It would be easier and less stressful if we had it 2 years from now but we aren't sure if we want to wait that long. One thing is for certain, it will be in the Fall (I'm aiming for October).
Now I can really put my Pintrest Wedding Board to use ;)

River is 4 months today and he is such a happy baby! He has is fussy moments, but the happy times far outshine the bad. He is my sunshine. He is babbling and repeating me when I say 'ohhh' and 'ahhh' to him. He is a little parrot! River is also laughing and cooing up a storm. He still hates tummy time but it gets a little easier every day. On a side note (this is probably TMI) but today is also the day that River was conceived a year ago :)

He also loves being worn in the ring sling!
My life is complete! I have a wonderful man and a beautiful son. I am so thankful and lucky that I have the opportunity to be a stay at home mom while I attend school. I am blessed in more ways than I know. This weekend really made me open my eyes again to see all the beautiful things I had in my life. Friends, family and lots of love surrounds me. This was just what I needed! 


No comments:

Post a Comment